Sunday 1 November 2009

Pattern becoming


Spoke to Robert (tutor) last week and he mentioned it is over objectified as it has clear boundaries and not a sought after field quality. I have done field patterns before, but this time i seem to not find it so difficult as I seem to be more curious about the connections of buildings. For example in this very simple pattern made of blocks of parallel lines I am interested in the different gradients made out from the interconnection of volumes. With slight twists I manage to integrate the whole thing with lines that interconnect both clusters of blocks.

But I'd say i should quickly follow the tutors advice, but for now I am dedicated to not thinking too much and just doing. See if it goes anywhere...

Also I made a model from the pattern and i feel it will be judged as (bad?) fiddly...


No comments:

Post a Comment